Before buying a kid’s bedroom furniture, it is a good idea to set design objectives. They should be as specific as possible. For example, accessibility, comfort, beauty, durability, etc. Accessibility is one of the major factors to consider when designing a room for a child. Drawer pulls, door knobs and handles that can be grasped by small hands are excellent features. Drawers that are light enough to pull out, doors that open without much effort and modern built-in features such as USB charger will give a child the ability to use the room without frustration.
Then, the comfort of the bed deserves special attention. Beds should be easy to get up on and mattresses should provide the right combination of surface softness and deep support. The right mattress allows the child’s spine to maintain proper alignment and reduces pressure points which cut off circulation.
Consider the following bedrooms by Ashley Furniture that might fit your design objectives:
- Contemporary style
- Light brown finish over replicated Elm grain
- Dark bronze color metal accents & hardware
- Faux metal framing accent mirror and dressing chest
- Dressing chest with a slider door reveals open storage with adjustable shelves & five drawers
- Slim profile dual USB charger located on back of the nightstand top
- Side roller glides
- Full case bottom supported by metal feet
The Ladiville Youth Bedroom Collection by Signature Design
- Vintage Casual Style
- Veneer & hardware solids in a rustic brown finish
- Saw distress effect detail on pilasters
- Planked & chisel distress effect on case tops & panels
- Framed doors on dresser & chest
- Oil rubbed bronze colored hardware
- Sanded & sealed drawer boxes with ball bearing full extension drawer glides
- Bunk beds can be set up individually
For more comfort, place an area rug, it unifies the room and protects from cold feet. Also, don’t forget about proper lighting to facilitate play and study.
A child’s room can be more than just a bedroom. A well designed room should have areas to learn, play and socialize. Allow your child to design his or her living space, browse FurnitureCart’s online catalog including Top 10 Favorite Kids Bedroom Collections together, to find what you need.